Your health, safety, and vision are our top priorities.
In cooperation with government, health care authorities such as the CDC and Department of Health, and the American Academy of Ophthalmology recommendations, we will be adjusting our schedules for the coming weeks. At this time, we will only be seeing patients who have medically necessary treatments needed, urgent exams, and emergencies, but will not be seeing routine eye exams or things that can be safely delayed. If you have a vision threatening problem needing ongoing care, we are still accommodating as allowed, but will be scaling our hours back to be in alignment with these more limited requirements.
We are recommending the following to help protect you and others in our community, and to mitigate the spread of infection:
- If you are sick or have symptoms of fever, cough, or trouble breathing, please contact us at (509) 525-2100 to discuss rescheduling your appointment. If you are more seriously ill or having marked trouble breathing, please call 911 for emergency assistance.
- If you have known contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19, please call us at (509) 525-2100 to discuss rescheduling your appointment, and call your primary care doctor if you have not done so already.
- We are postponing non-urgent and “elective” appointments and surgeries. (The local hospital is not allowing elective procedures until at least mid to late May, as well.)
- Practice good hygiene, including washing your hands often, avoiding touching your face, and staying home if you are sick.
- Please have only one other person come with you to your appointment, and none if you are able to come alone safely.
- We have stopped providing coffee, books, magazines, etc. in an effort to minimize contact with surfaces that are difficult to sanitize in order to limit spread of pathogens.
Welcome to Walla Walla Eye Center
When it comes to vision, you want the very best for yourself and your family. Walla Walla Eye Center is committed to providing this. We are the most comprehensive ophthalmology practice in the Walla Walla Valley. We are staffed with MDs, certified staff, and a licensed optician. For convenience, we provide our patients with the full range of eye care all under one roof.
Dr. Edwards, Dr. Gunshefski, Dr. Hanson, and Dr. Lewis are experienced clinicians and surgeons who provide care for most eye conditions, including doing local cataract surgery and macular degeneration treatments, eyelid surgeries, glaucoma treatments, diabetic eye care, etc. Originally opened in 1982, our office has provided decades of excellent care and is the premier ophthalmology practice in the Walla Walla Valley. Make Walla Walla Eye Center your eye care home.
While the list of provided services would be extensive, some of the major areas of treatment that we offer include the following: Macular Degeneration Disease, Diabetic Eye Disease, Cataracts, Glaucoma, Eyelid Disorders, Dry Eye Disease, Refractions, and a full-service optical shop.
Color Vision Eyewear
Color belongs to everyone. At Walla Walla Eye Center, we are on a mission to give people with color blindness better access to visual information and a richer, more vivid experience of the world. We believe everyone should enjoy the full spectrum of color to their fullest ability.